Marian College offers a Career Counselling service which aims to provide students with information about career choice opportunities available and enhance their ability to make informed decisions regarding their post-school options.
The College provides a full-time career practitioner who offers career counselling and guidance on tertiary courses and further education and training, current information about the job market and advice to students to support them in their future career planning.
To support and enhance this service, the College offers:
- An up to date well-resourced careers centre with information about further education options and pathways. Students are encouraged to come along and take what information they need.
- Individual interviews which provide opportunities for students to reflect on individual strengths and aptitudes
- Individual counselling, subject choice counselling and VTAC preference counselling
- Careers and course events for Years 10-12
- Information on volunteering opportunities
Careers Centre Information:
Ms Lauren Marett
Contact details: (03) 93631711
Location: Marian College Resource Centre
Marian Careers Portal
Information regarding work experience, current careers opportunities, open days and VTAC information are all posted on the Careers portal page. This is an important resource for all students who are considering their pathways after completing their time at Marian College. Students and parents are encouraged to check out the weekly careers newsletter which is full of information to help students progress in their career journey.