Future STEM Leaders Program
The Future STEM Leaders program, is a targeted leadership development program for Year 9 and 10 students. The program consists of three sessions. On Tuesday, 19 July, Marian College had ten students participate in the first session at RMIT City Campus which was conducted by university students and industry mentors. The aim of the program is for our Year 9 and 10 students to guide Year 7 students in practical STEM workshops at Marian College.
The aims of the program are to:
– Breakdown stereotypes in STEM with visible role models
– Engage with mentors from tertiary education and industry
– Inspire STEM participation in secondary school and beyond
– Support the empowerment, confidence, and knowledge for student aspirations in STEM
– Boost positive STEM culture among student groups and school community
We congratulate the following students who have been selected to participate in this wonderful opportunity:
Benice Dy, Shirleen Lay, Anna Tran, Jacelyn Vong, Tiara Flores
Ruth Samson, Gurnoor Pama, Sylvia Trinh, Aana Kapo, Tayla Quach
I also wish to thank Ms Sarah Trang who attended the first session at RMIT with our students.